2. Categories of Data We Collect About You
I. Personal data: We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. we may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data: your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, bank account information, username, password, and next of kin details. We receive and store your identity data, contact data, and financial data.
II. Data on your use of our website: We automatically collect and store certain types of information regarding your use of the Soupah Farm-en-Market including information about your searches, views, downloads, transactions, transaction time, Naira amount etc. We may also collect photos of invoices, memos or other information that you attach to your transactions.
III. Data from third parties and publicly available sources: We may receive information about you from third parties including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
IV. Data automatically collected from our services: When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect your log in information such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services; your device information and location information from your mobile device with your prior consent using google maps.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree.
- Recognizing and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved items, items stored in your Casket and Prime membership; and
Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
- Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our marketplace. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and advertising companies.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer, including the following:
- Registering you as a new customer.
- Processing and delivering your orders.
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmation
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Soupah Farm-en-Market and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Managing your relationship with us.
- Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys.
- Improving our website, applications, products and services
- Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
- Detecting fraud.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, including Personal Data, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
- With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your Soupah account.
- With another user, when you sign up for Soupah’s services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with Soupah. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll.
- With third party service providers. We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include: fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
- With other related Businesses. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets. Examples include email service providers that help with marketing and fraud prevention service providers.
When we share your personal data with third parties we:
- only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
5. Where we store your data and for how long
6. International Transfers
We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Your Legal Rights
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
9. Further Details
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact [email protected].